Monday, August 26, 2013

New Blue Bathroom

Alright, so when I say new... I mean, "Oops, did we forget to tell you guys we painted the bathroom? A couple weeks ago? Well, we did!"

As a reminder, here's what it looked like when we moved in:


Except for without the mis-matched washcloths and shower curtain. That was the "Staging".
 Our initial thought was to paint it the same dark grey we painted our kitchen. We've both seen dark grey with stark white trim look really cool.




We did not like it in our bathroom. We both blame the sandy colored tile and now hold a grudge against it for standing in the way of our vision. One day your uppance will come tile!

So instead we elected to go with a cool blue from Behr called Gulf Winds (the same paint we later used on our closets after getting it tinted).






Then we put in all of our yellow bathroom accessories, Doh! Dang it floor tile. I hate it when you're right.




Meredith hung this adorable shelf that she adorned with a little bumble bee. I'm pretty sure she cannibalized napkin holders for that...




Most of these pictures give a sort of greenish hue to the walls that's really not there in person. I think this is probably one of the best representations of the color.




And here's a shot from outside the bathroom:




Why? I don't know. Because you need a better example of how I can't take straight pictures?

Next up for the bathroom is curtains, I think. Also some baseboards. The walls just look so naked down there without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment