Friday, September 13, 2013

A Moment with Grayson



Grayson with a "drink drink".
  Our house has been busy with prepping for that moment when the new baby will arrive. We've still been doing some things around the house and we'll probably still share those things with you but the home improvement/blog side of things has been slowing down to allow us to focus on other areas. In fact, when the baby does come I can't promise we won't just take a week off.

I know Meredith usually posts these Grayson moments but I wanted to share one of my favorites.

The other day we were getting in the car and as usual I was buckling Grayson into his car seat. Meredith was sitting in the front flipping through radio stations trying to find some music he might like. As I set him in his seat he just looked towards Meredith and said, "I can lift you up. Show you where to be. Remember that?"

Huh?

Meredith looks over, flips the radio back a couple stations and what song is playing? Safe and Sound, by Capital Cities. He immediately started bobbing his head to the music and we both busted out laughing.

In case you're unfamiliar with the song, the lyrics go:

I could lift you up
I could show you what you want to see
And take you where you want to be
You could be my luck
Even if the sky is falling down
I know that we'll be safe and sound
We're safe and sound


What kind of plans do you have for the weekend? I've got some more painting to do and I might crawl under the house! More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment